I’ve received this from Norfolk County Council. OFSTED is currently inspecting the county’s SEND provision. If you know someone who would like to be involved please contact Claire Jones as requested below.
Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspect local areas together to see how effectively they fulfil their responsibilities for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. Between Monday 2 and Friday 6 March, Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) will carry out a joint inspection of the Norfolk area’s arrangements for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The inspection will consider how well the Norfolk area:
- Identifies children and young people who have SEND
- Assesses and meets the needs of children and young people who have SEND
- Improves outcomes for children and young people with SEND
We have been asked to organise a group of 20 children & young people with SEND (aged 10-25, either supported through SEN Support or an EHC Plan) to meet with Stef Lipinski, HMI (one of inspection team) on Tuesday 3 March 16:30 – 17:30.
The topic of this discussion is ‘The participation and engagement of children and young people’.
Light refreshments will be on offer for both the children and young people with SEND and their parents/carers while they wait.
A claim form will be given to all the children and young people who attend so that expenses can be claimed for and reimbursed.
If you know of a child or young person with SEND who can attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with
- their name,
- their parent carers name and
- contact details (email address and mobile number)
- accessibility requirements (visual impairment, hearing impairment, wheelchair user)
- dietary requirements (anything they are allergic or intolerant to)
so that we can firm up arrangements with them directly.